Friday, December 24, 2010

The Abyss

It's Christmas Eve, and I managed to get myself a 22oz bottle of The Deschutes Brewery out of Bend,  Oregon called Abyss 2010 Reserve.About $10-12 bucks a bottle. I popped the top and it is going to be a good Christmas. Abyss is an Imperial Stout that comes out in a Limited Run each year and it can be hard to get your hands on a bottle as it is quite good. It is also quite evil at 11% ABV. An Imperial beer is normally double the grain used in the wort, which means it has twice the kick. I think I will make this my yearly Christmas Tradition. I might regret it in the morning but that's why Santa helps me out. Lets me get up dazed and lets my kid take control of the morning, all I have to do is get out of bed and rip open some presents. I can do that. This year is really good, a bit sweeter than last year but very well balanced considering the ABV thats in there. I give it a 9.4 out of 10.

No comments: